valentino, dahhling

Saturday, November 06, 2010




After waiting impatiently for about a month, i was finally taken to Brisbane, to see the last of the Valentino exhibition. No words can describe how wonderful the dresses were. It's just astounding that such simple materials can be spun into something so stunning. While my family gazed at a dress for a few minutes, then move onto the next one, I would still be at the start staring at each immaculate piece of work, admiring for every angle possible, trying to memorize the design in my head. I have vowed to myself that one day I will own a VALENTINO gown.  

Luckily for me, we arrived early, just as the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) doors were opening. After we'd finished going through the exhibition we walked through the door, to find a line  that stretched all the way out the doors, down the path and to the edge of the Brisbane River. We were just in time! 
Because it was so crowded and I was practically squished up against the walls, my purchases at the exhibition shop consisted of 4 postcards of which had the photos above on them. The blue dress is one of my absolute favorites, in white, it would be my ideal wedding dress someday. How I looooove Valentino. 



Me, in front of the big VALENTINO sign 

No comments: