quaint cafes and a darling friend (out & about)

Thursday, January 17, 2013

On Wednesday my sweet friend Abbey and I decided to spend the day taking in the beauty and hidden nooks and crannies in our local town. We headed out early, at precisely nine and went straight for my favourite op-shop, the 'Smiley' opshop where I picked up a few pretty trinkets (which, if you follow me on instagram, you would've seen already hehe)! After that we headed to the most charming café ever, called Husk and Honey. It's relatively new here and many have said wonderful things about the vast array of gluten and grain free menu items. We both ordered a delicious free salad with natural yoghurt, honey, macadamias and these strange (but delicious!) red berries that might have been goji berries, but I can't be sure. Then for drinks she ordered a latte and I ordered a hot chocolate. After chatting away and taking pretty pictures of our food we headed to a gorgeous new boutique next door to the cafe called My Secret Sister's Wardrobe.

Oh my gosh. It is the most precious little shop ever! The decorating is so gorgeous and the girls who run it are super friendly and let me take pictures. It was a little mixture of vintage dresses and new things and Abbey and I were finding it hard to not blow our money on the pretty frocks and shoes! As you can see from the above pictures, they've decorated it very nicely... in a fresh, quirky way. I hope to drop in again soon. It was such a lovely day out and I really missed Abbey and it was lovely to catch up with her before school starts again ♥

I hope you all are having a wonderful week so far! I sure have, probably because I'm desperate to make the most of what's left of my holidays. Lots of love xoxo

Isn't she a pretty lady?
We even headed back there for afternoon tea! Iced chocolate, yum!

12 comments:

Shanni Sun said...

Oh wow, that hot chocolate looks divine!
This reminds me so much of Newtown which I could spend hours dwelling in! ♥

Shanni
http://shannisideup.blogspot.com/

Live-Style20 said...

SWEET PICS!!

NEW POST

WWW.LIVE-STYLE20.BLOGSPOT.COM

Sasha said...

Both places look amazing! Wow! I'd be a regular visitor if we had one of those! :)

Valeria said...

Oh, wow ! This place looks wonderful, it would be my favourite place if there was one in my town.
All the things you ordered seem pretty delicious other than lovely to eat with the eyes :)

Valeria
xx

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

what lovely places.. if I ever go to Australia I am definitely heading for the op shops!! xx

squidword said...

stunning picture!! what a dreamy place!!
Romwe leggings giveaway on my blog!
http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.gr

Unknown said...

this really sounds like such a wonderful way to spend a day.'smiley' sounds lovely as does 'My Secret Sister's Wardrobe' and the treats from 'Husk and Honey' just look wonderful - very vintagey. it really looks like they put love into preparing all their goodies - and i spy pomegranate one of my favs!

http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
xx rae

Kati said...

Love these photos - they have so much atmosphere in them!

-Kati

Hannah R. said...

those drinks look amazing! love your pictures! and vintage shops are so awesome :) thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

An Scenic World said...

It seems I've been beaten to the pomegranate identification. Ah well, can't win them all. Sounds like it was such a lovely day!

Katie Frank said...

this room is to die for. like seriously ! *_* im still shocked like wow..
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Katie Burry said...

What a gorgeous shoppe!! I wish there were shoppes like that around where I live! <3

Glad you girls had fun!

xo