clôture de fleurs

Sunday, April 21, 2013
 Forever New dress and beret, Rubi shoes, thrifted bag and necklace, Revlon lipbutter in "Raspberry Pie"

Hey everyone! How was your weekend? This week was the first back after 14 glorious days of holiday and already I'm swamped with work! It was great to relax over the last two days though. On Friday night my Mum and sisters and I had a movie night and made hot chocolate. Winter is definitely coming and I'm really anticipating it. The air is cooler, the days are getting shorter and I even needed a hot water bottle last night!  I spent most of today working on my English presentation, reading snippets of Harry Potter and drinking berry teas. I've been eating a lot better lately to help speed up the medicinal process and I can already feel the difference! 
And, how pretty is this photo location?! I was completely out of ideas for where to take pictures next; especially since this dress is so simple (it needed a fabulous backdrop to balance things out), so when Tess and I found this little corner of purple botanic goodness (what a mouthful!) I knew it was a winner. Despite being attacked by wasps (and 80% of the photos were of me laughing and being ridiculous), it was totally worth it to get the dreamy, sunny effect that I love seeing from film cameras. Editing took only five minutes too! Don't you love it when the sun actually co-operates?! It must be a blogger thing. 
P.S: Don't forget to enter my Oasap giveaway!

15 comments:

inaurem said...

Your dress is simple, but really pretty. Lately I'm looking for nice dresses, cause in my country (Poland) spring has finally came! Yours is so cute and I'm going to find as pretty as this!
The background is full of happiness :) Sun, flowers green! Even rainbow in spot lights!

Take care, soon your skin will be better. Food, medicaments and good mood are essentials!

best,
Agata

Lena said...

I love these photos and outfit, so lovely! I'm looking forward to winter too, sadly I havn't even needed to pull out my snuggie down here yet! x

http://frockled.blogspot.com/

Harlow Darling said...

I LOVE that Forever New dress so much! I had my eyes on it for such a long time but then couldn't find it in my size when it went on sale. You have styled the dress so perfectly, it's a delight seeing it on you. All of these photos turned out so beautifully, perfect location and perfect lighting! I am loving your new hair too :)

Hope you have a lovely week <3

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Yes this is a lovely corner for photos :) Love the simple dress and the hat is a cute touch! xx

SARAH said...

i love the simplicity of this outfit! it's still beautiful though!

Sarah
xoxo

http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

Holly said...

such a sweet dress! love the pollka dots! oh, and love your lip colour!

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

i am in love with your necklace! and those little flats are so perfect for spring!
these photographs turned out wonderful, and anywhere around flowers is perfect for photos!


lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, your dress is really pretty! I can't wait till its warm enough in England to wear dresses and bare legs :)
Love Jade xxx styledwithglamour.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! Love love love that dress

Xenia
xox

xensimagination.blogspot.co.uk

Nancy Wilde said...

I adore those flats! You look so pretty!

Unknown said...

You look so cute, such a beautiful dress and necklace. I love the place where you took your pictures. Spring has final here, yay!! :)

x Audrey
fashionhightea.blogspot.com

dunia kecil indi said...

aww, you look so pretty. i love your dress. and i think i need a cup of berry tea too. it's rainy day :) xx

Lucia Flores said...

It's so anoying to get back to work after such a long vacation :S.
I really love the location as well. The flowers are so gorgeous...and you as well. Love that pretty dress, so cute!

XOXO from the Netherlands,
Lucia

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

http://luciafloresdesigndiary.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I literally gasped when I saw this dress - it is just SO cute! And it looks so utterly amazing on you!

Sounds like you had a great vacation - I definitely support the Harry Potter reading. Those, as always, are on my summer reading list!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Xanthe said...

You look so pretty and the sunlight is stunning as well as your outfit xx

http://essenceofxanthe.blogspot.com.au/