gratitude

Friday, September 06, 2013
Ally top, thrifted skirt, Target shoes, Oasap bag, Sportsgirl hat

Happy Friday! 
I don't even know where to start with this post! Firstly, I would like to thank each and every one of you for the support that followed my recent post. I have never been so overwhelmed with comments, emails and messages that were so filled with support, kind words and encouragement it almost had me in tears. That post was so, so hard for me to do but I felt that it was so necessary - so many young girls suffer from acne and I had to let them know that they weren't alone in their struggle. Even fashion bloggers have flaws and insecurities! 
I think it's easy to assume that bloggers have perfect lives because we are so selective with what we post. It's so easy to retouch images (I do airbrush my skin in my outfit posts) and post pretty pictures on instagram etc. but those pictures don't always show that perhaps you've had a really bad day, you've lost your phone, you've just been through a breakup or anything unpleasant. I want to let you all know now that I am a perfect example of that! I have bad days. I cry. I get stressed and upset. Not everything goes to plan. My life isn't perfect - and although I am very blessed - it really is up and down. 

So, thank you again. Thank you to all of my family, friends, my readers from across the globe and everyone who has ever left a comment on Avenue Maria. You are all wonderful humans and I love you all and I am so glad that some of you found that post helpful. That's exactly why I did it. 

P.S: What do you think of this Spring-y outfit?! I plan on wearing it to the food festival this weekend - eep, so excited for sunshine and warm breezes! 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a lovely girl and I love your style so much!
All the best to you and keep that positive attitude up :)

Lots of love from
Bridie at Oh So Bridie
xx

the creation of beauty is art. said...

This is such a beautiful post! You look gorgeous - love the hat :)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You really deserves all those comments, you are always so kind in the comments you post and you look very humble and nice. I love looking through your blog! I'm very glad to correspond with you by post mail! Oh and this post is really great, you look stunning!

Sandrine xx

Unknown said...

That shirt is just so adorable! And that magazine! Hannah showed me her copy when we were in Pittsburgh! It was so good!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Dilan Dilir said...

soo beautiful! just love your top :)

nanawintour said...

You stunning, stunning girl! I love this crop top. The colour & style is gorgeous.



S xo

Lauren said...

So gorgeous! I particularly love that hat!
This is such a beautiful blog you have and I'm sure you're helping many people by telling your story!
Lauren
xxx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely. This skirt fits you like a dream!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Ruby Sterland said...

You're so lovely Maria, I always love reading your blog! I understand totally what you mean though, my friends think blogging looks like so much fun, "I mean, you just take photos of what you wear, right?" but there's so much more to it, and it's a heck of a lot of work! I still love it though, and couldn't imagine giving it up x

http://www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk/

Aino said...

Adorable look!
You look amazing! :)


Path to my Wardrobe

Anonymous said...

beautiful shirt!

Unknown said...

You deserved all those kind words. You're are pretty with and without make up on!!!!

Love your outfit, really appropriate for spring. I love that hat and top :)

x Audrey
fashionhightea.blogspot.com

Chloë, Wardrobe Quarry said...

I just read your last post and just wanted to say how wonderful you are! People never expect someone who takes photos of themselves and upload it to a blog to be the kind of person to have 'insecurities', but there is so much more to a person that what we see. You dear, are a fighter! You are doing fantastic. And yes everyone has their own battles.

And I love this outfit. So cute, love the skirt.

Wardrobe Quarry

Unknown said...

Love everything in this outfit. Its gorgeous.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

Shop Style Conquer said...

Love the spring look! The eyelet crop top looks great paired with the highwaisted skirt! And its so true about blogs being just a facet of our lives (its easy to get the idea that everything in other lives are perfect when you just see the small selection of what they choose to share). This post is a great reality check for those that dont think about it/have forgotten :)

-Tara x

SHOPSTYLECONQUER

Unknown said...

Hi! I have been reading your blog for quite sometime now and just decided to start one of my own. I would love if you took a look or gave me some tips on getting it started!
Have a lovely day,
DBG

http://alwaysdbg.weebly.com