diary XII // wedding

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The weekend had been a flurry of wedding activity as we prepared for my Aunty Jo's beautiful wedding on Monday. The ceremony was held at a tiny little chapel in the hinterland and accommodated about a hundred close family and friends to celebrate the day. The reception followed a few hours later and everyone had a lovely time sharing stories and catching up with old family and friends! In between shredding the "d-floor" with my new friends Kerry and Cara and my cousins and sisters, wonderful food and drink was consumed while we listened to the speeches from the bride and groom. 

One of my favourite parts about weddings is getting all frocked up! I bought a light blue spotted dress inspired  by the 1950s  paired with a nude pair of heels (which I destroyed five minutes after arriving to the wedding - it was a similar trip to this video and it was so hilarious!) and silver jewellery. 
Have you been to any weddings recently? Hope you're all having a lovely week so far (happy wednesday!), I go back to school on Tuesday so I need to make the absolute most out of the rest of my week! xo

7 comments:

Simona said...

It had to be so muc fun! And you look gorgeous Maria <3

SARAH said...

the wedding setting looks absolutely beautiful and your dress looks stunning on you! i haven't been to a wedding for so long but i actually have on coming up this summer so im super excited haha

xo Sarah
http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your dress is beautiful! That light shade of blue is one of my most favorite colors. Combine it with polka dots and a cute bow, of course I love it!

www.tennesseeroseblog.com

Chloë, Wardrobe Quarry said...

You look so gorgeous. I love the colour of that dress. It really suits you.

Wardrobe Quarry

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! What a lovely post. xo
tarasauroh.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! What a lovely post. xo
tarasauroh.blogspot.com

Yasmin said...

Maria you look so so gorgeous in these photos!
xx
noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk