life through the lens #7

Friday, September 05, 2014
(Izzy and I before heading out to a party a few weekends ago - love hangin' out with my bestie. The school's annual "dress up day" was a blast! My friends and I dressed up as the characters from Shrek 2... I was the Fairy Godmother...)

Well, it's been just over a month since my last post. Hi! 

Simply put; my life has been downright insane over the last few weeks. It's been good, but honestly I feel as though everything just happened so fast and I didn't have time for anything except the moment. I guess that's kind of a good thing? 

I'm not sure where to start when it comes to updating you all on what's been going on! I might start with school, it's the most obvious reason as to why life has been so crazy. This week the year 12's completed the QCS test over Tuesday and Wednesday. I think it's the equivalent to the LSAT test in the US, but basically it's the really important set of exams that help set up your Overall Position (OP) for university and you spend the majority of your school life preparing for it. Everyone makes it out to be a huge, stressful and awful experience, and, while it is important and you should always do your best, I have a message to all those who will be doing it (or similar) in the future: It's honestly not that bad. It's a test. It's a set of four exams made of paper with lots of lines, a mixture of words and little bubbles to fill in. It's not the end of the world if you didn't do as well as you hoped because it doesn't test your quality as a person. It doesn't test how compassionate you are, or your hidden talent of making the best fudge brownie or your kick-ass football or dance skills! I wish someone had told me that when I was younger and it hadn't taken me this long to realise I had nothing to worry about. 


Along with the test, it's been exam/ assignment crazy too, and although I still have an oral presentation and two exams before I am officially on holidays, I'm starting to sink into holiday mode. This is partly because a) there is exactly 76 days until I become a high school graduate (I can't believe that! I've had this blog since I was at the start of high school) and b) the weather has been absolutely glorious and perfect for beach daydreaming (and I'm not even a beach person!) and reading. School has been wonderful (for the most part) though and you know the whole soccer thing? I completed an entire season of sport, guys! We had our last game on Monday night and although we lost, it's still so much fun and I made so many lovely new friends from it. Wednesday mornings before school have also been filled with aerobics class and it's really boosted my brain power for geography class! After QCS we also did a bit of yoga and meditation to relax and reflect. 
I knew this year I wanted to make the most of everything the school had to offer and I definitely don't regret it! I've made so many wonderful new friends and it's really enhanced my high school experience by getting involved and busy. 


I think I'm going to stop it here though or I'll end up writing an essay about my life - and I want to post an outfit within the next few days so I will write a little more then! Tonight is a quiet one for me... I think I'll listen to Vance Joy's new album and make a hot chocolate or something. Need R&R. Talk soon (and I promise... it won't be over a month!).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like lovely times all around. <3 Your blog is too cute!

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog and great post, looks like your have a great final year.

http://doinglifemyway.com